Friday, September 21, 2007

Plantain Tambulli (Plantain mixed in yogurt)




This will be another submission for RCI: Karnataka

I would also like to submit this dish for JFI: Banana. Thanks to Mandira and Ashwin of Ahaar for hosting this event.

Ingredients:
Plantain - 1 small
Urad daal - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Pepper corns - 5
Green chillies - 3
Coconut - shredded 1 tablespoon
Fresh curds/yogurt - 1 cup
Asefotida - pinch
Salt
Oil - 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard - 1/4 teaspoon

Method:
Cook Plantain and peel the skin. Either mash or grate the pulp. Dry Roast urad daal, cumin and pepper corns until the daal turns golden brown. Grind the roasted ingredients with asefotida, green chillies and coconut with little water to a fine paste. Mix the ground paste, plantain and yogurt with some salt. Provide a tempering of mustard.


This dish is relished with rice.

9 comments:

FH said...

YUMMY! Very Mangalore dish.Thank you Babbalilii. You could send this to JFI-Banana too!:))

Anonymous said...

A vegetarian dish from Mangalore :clap: :clap: - I was wondering why no one has sent a tambuli - you should send this to JFI - Banana

Bubbalili said...

Thanks Asha and Lakshmi...I submitted this for JFI: Banana too

mb said...

Bubbalilli - thanks for this great entry for JFI, it's yummylicious :) -- mandira

Pooja V said...

I have eaten this at a manglorean friends place. It tastes damn good.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear,

Before doing something would like to share with you. I try some dishes taking out from blog or any other site. To consolidate all of them want to open my own web page. I do change method when I cook. So wanted to post them in my page. what do you say? wud u mind if I prepare something from ur blog and make a entry in my page??

Bubbalili said...

Hi Anonymous,
Appreciate your effort to try some dishes. I sincerely donot mind u change the method and try out something innovative. But please donot copy my pictures and start a chain of Plagarism

Anonymous said...

hey Dear thanks for heloping me in my ways. DO NOT worry. I trying things whatever I searched on internet and make my own fotographs and copying in my blog. I also dont like copying. So do not worry. I will send u my blog after that.

Latha Narasimhan said...

HAPPY DIWALI BUBBABLI!!:)